As you start your business formation journey, you will no doubt have questions. Here are some we regularly get asked.

What is Companies House?

House is the organisation where companies and limited partnerships in the United Kingdom must be registered / incorporated. Any changes you wish to make to a registered company must be reported to Companies House, along with, for example annual statutory requirements such as the accounts.

What sorts of companies can I Fast Form on your website?

Our website can help you to Fast Form ltd Companies, Limited Liability Partnership's and companies Limited by Guarantee.

How long does it take to Fast Form my company?

Fast Form Online is a Companies House e-filing partner. This means you can complete your online application in a matter of minutes and your company formation could be approved by Companies House within a few working hours (subject to Companies House workload).

Can I call my business anything?

Most potential business names will be acceptable to Companies House; however, there are a few points you should consider: The name cannot be the same or very similar to an existing business name. It cannot be considered offensive. The words ‘limited’ or ‘unlimited’ can only be used at the end of the name. Some words may require supporting evidence for their use.

What is a Certification of Incorporation?

The Certificate of Incorporation is the document which proves a company exists and has been registered with Companies House as per the Companies Act 2006. It contains information such as, the organisations name, the date of its incorporation, organisation type for example Limited, and where the organisation’s registered office is (Northern Ireland, Scotland, wales, or England). This is an important document and is regularly requested by financial organisations when opening up a company financial account.

What happens after I complete my order with Fast Form

As soon as Companies House approves your application, we will send you an email with digital copies of your incorporation documents. If you ordered paper copies, or they’re included with your chosen package, we will post these out to you within 24 hours.

Can I make changes to my company after incorporation?

Yes, you can make changes to your company any time after incorporation. Please note you must report any changes to Companies House as soon as possible. You can check out the range of additional services provided by Fast Form should you wish our assistance.

Can I change my registered address?

Yes, you can change your registered office any time after you’ve set-up your company. Please note that the registered address must be in the same jurisdiction as your existing registered office. You can check out the range of additional services provided by Fast Form should you wish our assistance.

Do I need to inform Companies House of all changes?

Yes, you must inform Companies House when you make any changes to your company, for example your registered office address and company Directors and Officers. Please also note that you may also need to inform HMRC of your changes.

Do I need to register my company for tax with HMRC?

HMRC will be automatically informed when your new company is registered with Companies House. HMRC will send your company’s Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) to your registered office address, along with information and guidance on setting up your company’s online account for filing the likes of tax returns and corporation tax.

Will my company have to pay corporation tax?

Yes, your company will be liable for corporation tax on any taxable profits it generates. The amount you are liable for will depend upon the profits you make.

What is VAT?

Value Added Tax, is a tax added to the cost of a sale or service provided. Most business transactions will include this. It should also be noted that VAT may also be incurred against imported items.

Do I have to register my business for VAT?

You will have to register your company for VAT with HMRC if the goods and services you provide are VAT taxable. You will also have to register if your taxable turnover exceeds the current VAT threshold of £85,000 in a 12-month period, or it you expect it to exceed this threshold in a 30 day period. You must also register if your company receives goods in the UK from the EU worth more than £85,000.

Are there advantages to voluntary VAT registration?

Yes, Voluntary VAT registration can provide a variety of benefits. Your company's cash flow can be improved by charging VAT on sales and reclaiming the VAT you’re charged by other businesses. Most larger businesses will only trade with other businesses who have a VAT registration number. If you hope to supply large businesses, you may need to secure a VAT number. Having a VAT number can also help your company to appear larger than it is, which can be advantageous to securing customers and putting off competitors.

Contact Us